English

heads up, moscow mule lovers: that copper mug could be poisoning you - stainless steel wine cups

by:Koodee      2019-08-17
heads up, moscow mule lovers: that copper mug could be poisoning you  -  stainless steel wine cups
TheMoscow mule—that Instagram-
Ready-made cocktails popular in recent years --
There are only vodka, ginger beer, lime and ice cubes.
But beverage enthusiasts say the most important ingredient in this drink is probably the supply of copper cups almost always.
Now, public health officials have warned that these cups may poisoning you.
A consultation announcement from the Iowa Alcohol and Beverage Department noted that copper should not be exposed to acidic foods with a pH value of less than 6, according to the guidelines of the Food and Drug Administration.
Including vinegar, juice, wine and, of course, the traditional Moscow mule, which has a pH value "well below 6 ". 0.
Said the announcement.
"When copper and copper alloy surfaces come into contact with acidic foods, copper can be dipped into food," the department notes . ".
According to the National Institutes of Health, symptoms of copper poisoning include abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting and jaundice. “Sudden (acute)
"Copper poisoning is rare," said NIH.
"However, serious health problems for a long time
There may be long-term exposure to copper.
Serious poisoning can lead to liver failure and death.
"Most chefs and food scientists already know that copper is not used (or copper-plated)
Pots and pans for acidic recipes like ketchup, not only for health reasons, but also because "active" cookers can change the way the recipe is flavored.
Food editor Emma kristenson breaks the difference between a reactive and non-reactive cooking library in a good basic read.
Com here: the same reaction happens when the copper surface is exposed to acidic drinks.
The instinct to separate copper from acidic beverages may not be so obvious, as copper cups are not commonly used as beverage containers. Until now.
"The Moscow Mule is an alcoholic cocktail that is usually served in a copper Cup and has been popular recently, leading to inquiries about the safe use of the copper Cup and this drink, the Iowa Alcoholic Beverage Department wrote.
"This means that copper cups with copper inside may not be used with this drink.
"There may be protests: Should people still drink Moscow mules? Froma glass?
This is an option.
But it turns out that there is a simple solution without sacrificing the quality of the glass on the drink.
Just make sure your Moscow Mule is lined with a copper cup in it with another metal such as nickel or stainless steel.
In your photo, the silver lining may not be as real as a fully Copper Cup, but it can save you time to go to the hospital. Cheers.
Read more: he has fever, night sweats, joint pain: other symptoms of food poisoning why top food poisoning specialists will never eat these foods
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...

Hi there! It's very great seeing you. Is there anything I can help? If I cannot reach you in 5 minutes, please leave us a quick message at the page