baby who choked on plastic which his mum said was in baby food jar awarded €10k - food jar
Eight years ago, the old child, allegedly contained in plastic blockages in the Cow & Gate baby food jar, received 10,000 euros in compensation today in the circuit civil court.
The court heard that Nutricia Ireland Limited, an infant food manufacturer, had fully defended itself as Cow & Gate, denying liability for the claim of Aaron Gibson, now nine years old.
Counsel Keith O'Grady told the court that Allen was a lawyer. year-
In February 2008, when he was fed by his mother Karen Koblin, she noticed that he was choking.
MS Gibson of Co Sligo Gurteen Kilfree Doon said in an affidavit that she checked and found a soft piece of plastic in the contents of what he was eating
Mr. O'Grady appeared with Kevin P. John mcnarty.
Counsel for Kilbride and Co told Judge John Hannan that after the incident, Aaron refused the food and was eating the food that was given to him.
He took part in his GP and he noticed pain in his throat.
The court heard Aaron, who had a sore throat for several days, refused to eat any solid food for several months.
Aaron, through his mother Karen, sued Nutricia Ireland Ltd at Sir John Rogerson Wharf in Dublin for negligence.
Mr. O'Grady told Judge Hannan that, after investigation and extensive testing, the company denied that the plastic with this similar tape might have come from their factory.
It claimed that the plastic could not pass through its production process and remained in the state when Aaron was holding it.
Mr. O'Grady said that the company had made a compensation settlement proposal of € 10,000 for damages without liability.
Counsel said that, although the offer may be low, he advised the court to accept it as if the case had been fully tried and Aaron could lose his claim.
Judge Hannan approved the proposal.