English

3 sickened after drinking bottled water - plastic water bottle suppliers

by:Koodee      2019-07-21
3 sickened after drinking bottled water  -  plastic water bottle suppliers
Elizabeth Bloomsbury.
14. 2000 people in Manhattan were sick and treated in hospital after drinking three different brands of ammonia-contaminated bottled water
Police say it's like material.
All three have recovered, but Mayor Rudolph W.
Giuliani and officials from the New York Police Department and the FBIB. I.
At a press conference at Gracie building last night, they said they were investigating whether the events that occurred this month and last month were the result of tampering.
The first and most serious case occurred in August, police said, when a woman, after drinking a bottle of Perrier water, felt a burning sensation in her throat and began bleeding from her mouth.
A restaurant in Manhattan.
A policeman called the restaurant Benihana, a Japanese steakhouse on West 56 Street.
Last night, the assistant manager of the restaurant said he called 911 and called an ambulance after the incident.
Assistant manager rudkojoh said a waiter poured the water in the bottle into a glass in front of the woman and he did not know how the water was contaminated.
The restaurant no longer sells Perrier, he said.
Police chief Bernard B.
Tests of water in glass show that it contains "some sort of sodium hydroxide," Kerik says, which he calls a "strong cleaner" or "alkali-type agent.
He said the unidentified woman had been in the hospital for several days.
A senior police officer said the second incident occurred on August. 27 when a 58-year-
The old man bought a bottle of Aquafina from the seven brothers Deli at 719 Ninth Avenue between West 48 Street and 49 Street.
Police officials said that after opening what he thought was a sealed bottle, the man felt a burning sensation in his throat and he dropped a police car and was taken to Bellevue Hospital.
Water test, sir.
Kerik says it shows the presence of ammonia.
The senior police officer said the third incident occurred on Sunday.
When a woman bought a bottle of polish spring water at the Titanic steak and seafood store,
3428 Broadway restaurant is located between 139 West Street and 140 Street.
She bought a bottle that she thought was sealed and gave it to her 18-month-
The old baby, spit out, seems very painful.
The baby is treated in St.
Luke's Hospital. Mr.
Tests for water also show the presence of ammonia, says Kerik. Mr.
Kerik said the woman told police that she had a strong smell of ammonia --
Just like the smell in the bottle after her child got sick.
Perrier's bottle is glass.
The other two are plastic.
Although the police had recovered the plastic bottles, the next morning after the women there were ill, they could not find the Perrier bottle in Benihana. Mr.
Benihana's Kojoh said last night that after the woman was taken away by an ambulance, he kept the bottle in the restaurant's bar, but when he came in the next day, it was not there, and it was apparently thrown away overnight. Mr.
Giuliani said at a press conference that F. B. I.
Police believe the glass of the restaurant was contaminated instead of the bottle. Mr.
The investigators tested the water in the glass, Kerik said.
Please click on the box to verify that you are not a robot.
The email address is invalid. Please re-enter.
You must select the newsletter you want to subscribe.
View all New York Times newsletters. But Mr.
Kerik said police and F. B. I.
Are checking for cracks or holes in plastic bottles to see if someone injected them with toxic substances.
When asked if someone had been injected with a subcutaneous injection needle, Sir
"I think everything is possible.
He also said investigators were checking with manufacturers and bottling companies to see if the water had been contaminated before it was sold.
Police said investigators were not yet aware whether the substances found in the three bottles were the same or whether the incidents were relevant.
The advertisement "one is a restaurant, one is in a deli, and the other is in a takeaway
"In the restaurant outside," said a senior police officer . "
"You have three different types of water, three different types of doping.
I find it hard to find a pattern.
But we have three cases where people get sick drinking bottled water.
"Officials did not say how long each of the three victims had been in the hospital,
Giuliani said at a press conference that they experienced varying degrees of confusion and physical difficulties.
Although the mayor said city residents should not panic, he did warn people to be particularly careful when drinking bottled water.
"Make sure you open the bottle yourself," said Mr. Giuliani said.
"You really heard, you heard the noise and the air.
"He also said that people should open bottled water for themselves in restaurants instead of having the waiter open it themselves and always sniff first.
We are constantly improving the quality of text archives.
Please send feedback, error reports, and suggestions to archid_feedback @ nytimes. com.
A version of the article appears on page B00001 of the national edition of September 14, 2000, titled: 3 people get sick after drinking bottled water.
Custom message
Chat Online 编辑模式下无法使用
Chat Online inputting...

Hi there! It's very great seeing you. Is there anything I can help? If I cannot reach you in 5 minutes, please leave us a quick message at the page